Tuesday, April 08, 2008

More Than Bread Devotional 4/8/08

Jeremiah 1:17-19
17 "Get yourself ready! Stand up and say to them whatever I command you. Do not be terrified by them, or I will terrify you before them. 18 Today I have made you a fortified city, an iron pillar and a bronze wall to stand against the whole land—against the kings of Judah, its officials, its priests and the people of the land. 19 They will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the LORD.

Have you ever been afraid to speak up for Christ? It isn't unusual. I was reading Ray Comfort's book "Out of the Comfort Zone" and he was relating how he had fear everytime he went to hand out a tract. I still find that hard to believe after seeing him preach open air in the street on so many videos. Part of the key to overcoming that fear is just pushing on through. I will tell you that I also find myself in chicken mode far more than I would like to admit. But we have a word to share that gives life to those who hear it. So, don't be terrified; God is with you.

No comments: