Tuesday, April 01, 2003

Gong to continue to post the More Than Bread devotionals here each day as well. I am still filling in writing for my sister. I liked the verses from Romans 12 last night so much, I wrote on them. Here is today's:

Romans 12:1-2
1Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship. 2Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.

When I was a kid, I watched Sesame Street. Sometimes they had this segment with a song that went, "One of these things is not like the other, One of these things does not belong." I remember how easy it was to pick out the thing that was out of place. We as Christians should be the same way. When people see our behavior, they should say, "That's different" or "I wonder why they did that". The rest of the 12th chapter of Romans outlines some of the ways we will behave when our lives are transformed according to God's will. Take some time to read it today. And be different.

No comments: