Wednesday, May 14, 2008

More Than Bread Devotional for 5/14/08

Psalm 13
1 How long, O LORD ? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?
2 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
and every day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me?
3 Look on me and answer, O LORD my God.
Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;
4 my enemy will say, "I have overcome him,"
and my foes will rejoice when I fall.
5 But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.
6 I will sing to the LORD,
for he has been good to me.

Have you ever gotten mad at God? I used to tell my youth that if they had a problem with God they should tell Him about it. The truth is He knows about it already and you aren't going to hide it from Him. David knew what it meant to be honest with God and more importantly honest with himself about how he felt when didn't go like he thought they should. Too many times, we draw back from expressing our feelings to God. He knows how you feel. He has been there before. Christ came and experienced what it is like for us to live this life. He knew lonliness and despair and rejection and betrayal and you get the picture. Do you think He had done something wrong to deserve those things? Of course He didn't. Do you think you are better than Him? Not a chance. So have a little talk with Jesus. Tell Him all about your troubles. Go ahead you know the words.

No comments: