Friday, April 04, 2008

Harpo the Harpy

My sister sent me an email with a link to a You Tube video of Oprah's new "religion".

I have heard about this stuff she is doing now, but I have ignored her for so long that I didn't pay much attention. But two quotes from this guy stood out to me. He quoted Christ who said, "You are the light of the world" but he neglected the rest of that quote. Here it is from Matt. 5:14-16 "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."
In other words, the point of the statement isn't to lift us up or promote our status as "lights". It is to tell us that the way we act as "light" is a reflection of our Father (that would be God) and that those who see our "light" would then praise Him

Additionally, regarding life after death he, in his own words, "doesn't give it any thought". It appears he likes to pick and choose his sayings of Jesus, because Jesus gave a lot of thought and teaching about life after death. Including his admonition to us in Luke 12:4-5 - "I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after the killing of the body, has power to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him.

This guy is one of those that will deceive many with a false religion and a false sense of security. If you wish to see the video clip I am referencing from you can watch it below. P.S. If the harpy reference above bothers you, please understand that I used it deliberately because it is appropriate and catchy. One of the definitions of a harpy is snatcher. Oprah is attempting to snatch away people who might believe in Christ as Savior and convince them that he is just this guy you know.

No comments: