Sunday, March 16, 2008

More Than Bread Devotional 3/17/08

Matthew 7:21-23
21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23 Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

I was thinking about this today. Many of those people who were shouting "Hosanna" and "Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord" to Jesus on Palm Sunday as He entered Jerusalem, were probably a part of the crowd shouting "crucify Him!" later in the week. It isn't enough to simply acknowledge with our lips that Jesus is Lord, we must acknowledge Him with our lives. We must be willing to live our lives with Him as Lord of us and all that we are.

No comments: